Friday 18 March 2011

LUSH's scrubbiest scrub!

So quite a while ago i got a face scrub from LUSH called Ocean Salt. I got the small 120g tub for £6.45. Which in my opinion is a bit pricey but what else can you expect from LUSH. 
Okay so this is a picture of the ocean salt from the LUSH website. Now it came in the typical LUSH black pot which can be sent in with 4 other LUSH black pots and also the shower jellies pots for a free fresh face mask. Now these pots are not the best as they are not the cleanest. You can overcome this by taking some of the ocean salt out and putting it into a bowl while using it so you can double dip and get it wet without worrying about the water and germs and all that. Fortunately i am not a germ freak but i probably should be... tehe. First you need to mix the mixture a bit because LUSH put a hard salt covering on the top of the scrub to make it look nice to sell in the shop, so you need to mix that in. Now this salt is very rough. It is LUSH's most scrubbiest scrub and can be harsh if you scrub to much. First i wet my face with hot water then towel dry so it opens the pores. I take a small blob on my finger and that is all i use for my entire face as you can spread it as you go along. I do small circles around my face concentrating on any areas which have blackheads or can get very oily, as i have super super oily skin. Now before completely washing it off, make your hands nice and wet and just slide then over you face as this will dissolve the salt and will turn the scrub a bit more creamy. Now wash the scrub off your face well. Now for me it dosnt dry my skin out but it probably would for sensitive or dry skin so i would recommend using a good moisturiser afterwards. After i have used this product my face feels like a babys bum! It is so soft and smooth and feels so clean and ready for anything. It is amazing for blackheads and helps clear them up and if you have oily skin it also helps to keep the oil away for a while as well. It is great for make-up prep as it leaves your face so clean and fresh. The smell is also amazing, it reminds me of a cocktail but it is not to offensive, i absolutely adore the smell, sometimes i just pick up the pot and take a sniff! I would completely recommend this if you want a good scrub to take away dead skin and have a deep clean, but if you have sensitive skin this might be a bit harsh for you so you may want to try one of LUSH's lighter scrubs. I hope i haven't blabbed on to much as this is my first post actually reviewing a product and I'm not very good at blogging so i hope you bear with me and keep reading! 

LushCosmeticsLover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback, questions or views? Post them here, but please dont be rude, thank you.